Friday 7 June 2013

Desmond Elliot dares all: I'll refund your money if you don't enjoy The Place


Giving a very rare money-back-guarantee, actor, Desmond Elliot has declared that he would refund people's money if they find his new movie, The Place, wanting.

In a statement released from his office, he said, 'I know this is not the kind of things people say in Nollywood but I'm staking all on this movie, if you buy the DVD and its not 'very funny' to you, contact me, I will refund your money in full' he said.

Continuing, the actor-director said without sounding immodest, The Place is his biggest movie project so far. 'I know this will come across as chest-thumping to some people but it is not. I am 110% sure of this movie. This movie is my biggest project so far and so different from everything I have done. One, it is a comedy, two, the script is 'lively and engaging', you won't be able to do any other thing while watching this movie. If the movie fall short of your expectation, I'll refund your money. That is a promise. You can contact me on Twitter or through the store you purchase the DVD but it has to be the original DVD' he stressed.

 The place, a comedy flick written by comedian, Mr. Patrick is the story of a book stolen from ‘The Place’ by an evil man. It needs to be retrieved before the evil man destroys the world. Who will save the world from destruction? Two unlikely heroes, Bishop Imeh and Mr Patrick decide to take the bull by the horn; the unfolding plots, dialogues and special effects form the basis for the ‘biggest comedy movie in recent times’ according to producer and director, Desmond Elliot.

Produced under joint production of Uche Jombo Studios and Denziot Production, The Place will be released directly to DVD on Monday, June 10, 2013 nationwide through Denziot Production.

Other acts in the movie are:  Uche Jombo, Gordons, Mr. Patrick Onyeka, Bishop Ime-Umoh, Jude Orhorha, Ruth Kadiri and Helen Paul.

No comments: